Weekly Assassin's Creed News Recap:
31st July - 6th August 2022:
Welcome to a new weekly Assassin's Creed News Recap series, hosted by Colum Blackett (Col_96) from The Ubisoft Star Players Program (Formerly Mentors Guild).
Every week, we will be rounding up Assassin's Creed News and sharing it here on The Ones Who Came Before website. Keep an eye on the site every Sunday for more weekly recaps, or check out our social media links down below to stay updated on everything Assassin's Creed.
1) We kick off this week's Assassin's Creed recap with another collaborative project by community members Arshak (AC: Landmarks), Zark (Master Hekate's Ceremonials) & Science_creed, who once again came together to host a 2-hour long virtual tour and trivia, this time for Assassin's Creed Rogue!
In this week's stream, the team covered everything from the Seven Year War to the Lisbon earthquake. A lot of research and thought goes into these streams, so we definitely recommend it for fans of the franchise or history in general.
You can find the AC Rogue Virtual Tour / Trivia here.
2) This week, Ubisoft launched two new free additions for Assassin's Creed Valhalla!
The Forgotten Saga game mode takes players on a new adventure as they battle a treacherous path through Niflheim. It's a challenging addition to the game, made even harder by the fact that death at any point leads to a complete reset on your progress, sending you back to the start. Odin will face werewolves, musphels and even dragons on his quest to free his son from the final realm of Hel. In this rogue-lite–inspired game mode for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, your decisions ultimately decide your fate. Be very careful, as a hasty decision could cost you greatly.
Also released this week was the Sigrblot Festival, which made its annual return to Ravensthorpe. The timed festival runs until August 25th, and offers players the opportunity to unlock exclusive event rewards.
It's great to see free post-launch content being added to Valhalla, and we're excited to explore these new additions further. Keep an eye on our social media channels for Forgotten Saga playthrough videos!
3) Also making the news once again this week is the Assassin's Creed event coming to PUBG Battlegrounds. We here at TOWCB revealed exclusive images of the event, giving us a first glimpse of what to expect.
The Assassin's Creed crossover event begins August 17th and will be running until September 22nd.
4) We didn't expect to be covering Assassin's Creed alcohol this week, but here we are!
In an extremely unexpected collaboration, Antheum Studios partnered up with Tennessee Legend distillery and Ubisoft to release an Assassin’s Creed 15th Anniversary Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
''Crafted in the hill country of Texas and finished in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, this 4 year old straight bourbon whiskey carries a rich flavour with rye spice, wheat character, and hints of cherry, vanilla and oak. Appealing to spirit connoisseurs and fans alike, this iconic selection is a worthy addition to any bar. Game hard, drink responsibly.''
According to the Antheum Studios website, a Black Flag inspired Spiced Rum and Valhalla themed Vodka are also in production, releasing September 2022!
Although the distribution seems to be US only, our very own Michael Smith from the AC Partnership Program managed to pre-order a bottle of whiskey when sales went live, so you may see a review on the site if he chooses to open the bottle in the near future.
5) Next up we have an exciting announcement which was made this week!
Streamer and Cosplayer Gabbie announced that she is now the Nordic Assassin's Creed Ambassador for the 15 Year anniversary celebrations!
Huge congratulations to Gabbie on the new position!
6) We announced that five new members would soon be joining our ranks! The AC Partnership Program reboot has been a huge success, and content for TOWCB is more diverse than ever before. Please welcome and support our new member:
7) Following on from the previous point, Frame Hold Photography reached the 200 follower milestone on Twitter!
We love this smiling Eivor piece she created to mark the occasion. FHP now leads our new Video Content Creation Team, and we have a ton of exciting content coming out to mark the 15 Year Anniversary of Assassin's Creed. Keep an eye on our social media channels, especially TikTok!
8) Rumours went around this week about Chinese Gaming company Tencent wanting to buy a majority stake in Ubisoft in an attempt to become the company’s biggest shareholder.
Numerous sources, including IGN and Kotaku reported that the gaming giant would soon be making efforts to increase the 5% stake in Ubisoft it already owns in a strategic deal. To do this, Tencent would need to buy directly from the Guillemot family and the public, with the plan of paying double what the stock is worth.
The whole process (should it happen at all) is likely to take some time, as the Guillemot stake is valued at around $795 million! According to IGN, Tencent may be prepared to offer 100 euros per share to acquire its additional stake. We'll update you further if more information on this becomes available.
9) Finally, we conclude by sharing two separate community interviews with Kate Heartfield, writer of the recently released Assassin's Creed: The Magus Conspiracy novel.
You can also look forward to our own interview with Kate, which is scheduled to release 9/8/22!
We hope that you enjoyed this Assassin's Creed News Recap! You can look forward to more articles like this, dropping every Sunday!
What was your highlight of the week?
Let us know in the comments!
Save 10% on officially licensed Assassin's
Creed Origins merchandise with the code "TOWCB"