Weekly Assassin's Creed News Recap:
10th - 16th July 2022
Save 10% on officially licensed Assassin's
Creed Origins merchandise with the code "TOWCB"
Welcome to a new weekly Assassin's Creed News Recap series, hosted by Colum Blackett (Col_96) from The Ubisoft Star Players Program (Formerly Mentors Guild).
Every week, we will be rounding up Assassin's Creed News and sharing it here on The Ones Who Came Before website. Keep an eye on the site every Sunday for more weekly recaps, or check out our social media links down below to stay updated on everything Assassin's Creed.
1) This week, Laced Records revealed the upcoming Assassin's Creed 15th anniversary vinyl box set, which includes:
70 tracks | 12 games
Laced-exclusive Limited Edition Slipmat + Art print
Pre-order available now. Shipping est. January 2023
2) To liven up a relatively quiet week in the Assassin's Creed Community, we here at The Ones Who Came Before released content every day! Aaron Young from the Writing Team released a new Virtual Photography article, which you can check out here, this time covering portraits!
3) Some really strange news to report this week...
According to Daily Mail, a Fraudster took £25,000 in wages after supplying the name of Assassin's Creed video game character Layla Hassan on an official reference. Angelica Stoichkov, 32, was ordered to carry out 100 hours unpaid work with an additional 30 days rehabilitation activity requirement.
A very unusual bit of news that we hope doesn't happen again. You can read more about it here.
4) After the news broke about the closure of The Mentors Guild Community Program, many feared that their ties with Ubisoft would be cut, but thankfully this has not been the case. Many who were members of TMG, including myself, Ashlea and Lisa from TOWCB have been offered a place on the new Ubisoft Star Player 2.0 Program, and this week more Assassin's Creed Community Members announced that they too would also be joining the program.
Congratulations to the following Assassins!
5) Easily the biggest news of the week. Secret Lab unveiled the stunning new Assassin's Creed Collection, a collaboration between the award-winning gaming chair designers and Ubisoft, marking the 15th Anniversary of the iconic AAA fan-favourite franchise.
The stunning collection features the Secretlab TITAN Evo 2022 Assassin's Creed Edition gaming chair and MAGNUS desk accessories, created with fans in mind, paying ultimate homage to the series.
6) Our Assassin's Creed Community Questions series made a return after a short hiatus!
This week, we released our interview with Egyptian Assassin's Creed community member Mohamed Abdelkader!
Mohamed is the admin for Facebook Page The Jackdaw Tales and Member of the Assassin’s Creed Arab Community. You can find the interview here!
7) The Memory Corridor podcast returned with another retrospective episode. On Episode #21, Gargudon was joined by Isu Network Member ActualSpider-Man, and reflected on the highs and lows of Assassin's Creed Syndicate (2015)
8) Another great podcast worth mentioning is Let's Talk Assassin's Creed, which released a special episode this week dedicated to Fan Community Access the Animus. Congrats on the 9 Year Anniversary ATA Team!
9) Speaking of podcasts, we re-released our Ultimate Assassin's Creed Podcast Guide with major updates!
Happy Listening Assassins!
10) Final one from us for this week! We released an Assassin's Creed Wrath of the Druids Art Exhibition, showcasing some of the official concept art created for the DLC! Check it out here!
We hope that you enjoyed this Assassin's Creed News Recap! You can look forward to more articles like this, dropping every Sunday!
What was your highlight of the week?
Let us know in the comments!