Assassin's Creed News Recap:
7th - 20th August 2022
Save 10% on officially licensed Assassin's
Creed Origins merchandise with the code "TOWCB"
Welcome to a new Assassin's Creed News Recap series, hosted by Colum Blackett (Col_96) from The Ubisoft Star Players Program (Formerly Mentors Guild).
Every week, we will be rounding up Assassin's Creed News and sharing it here on The Ones Who Came Before website. Keep an eye on the site every Sunday for more weekly recaps, or check out our social media links down below to stay updated on everything Assassin's Creed.
1) We have quite a lot to cover in this Assassin's Creed news round-up, this time spanning a fortnight instead of a week due to the launch of our Assassin's Creed Community Fundraiser!
In collaboration with various community members and organisations, we here at TOWCB are raising funds for The British Heart Foundation and The American Heart Association, two incredible organisations providing critical cardiovascular medical research and education to facilities around the world.
To increase donations, we are currently hosting an art sale! Lisa Zaman from the Assassin's Creed Partnership Program has kindly donated prints which we are selling via GoFundMe donations!
To purchase a print, simply donate £15 for one, or £25 for x2, and message the admin team with your selections and details! Please donate if you can and help the fundraiser reach it's target of £1500! All donors receive a special thank you pack containing a surprise, and will be entered into raffles depending on donation amount.
2) Antheum Studios released new images of the Assassin's Creed Whisky, and it looks incredible!
''Crafted in the hill country of Texas and finished in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, this 4 year old straight bourbon whiskey carries a rich flavour with rye spice, wheat character, and hints of cherry, vanilla and oak. Appealing to spirit connoisseurs and fans alike, this iconic selection is a worthy addition to any bar. Game hard, drink responsibly.''
Look out for the Assassin’s Creed 15th Anniversary Straight Bourbon Whiskey, which is available now from various retailers in the US!
3) The teaser trailer for the Assassin's Creed event coming to PUBG Battlegrounds dropped!
Never did we expect to see Master Assassin Ezio Auditore using a frying pan to knock out enemies, but here we are.
In fairness, the crossover has done a good job at replicating Abstergo Industries and Ezio's robes. It also looks like the game features a number of core pillars sacred to the identity of the brand like the leap of faith and the Hidden Blade, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out in-game.
4) Mike Smith from the AC Partnership Program (Isu Network) released his fascinating new interview with Kate Heartfield, author of The Magus Conspiracy novel.
In the interview, we discuss her book and working with publisher Aconyte Books on a new trilogy for the Assassin's Creed universe; The Engine of History.
For the first time ever, we also released the interview transcript, so you can enjoy this interview on Youtube, or here in written form!
5) We were happy to release a Q&A with Michael Doyle, an online article writer who recently joined the AC Partnership Program (Isu Network).
Michael is a close friend of TOWCB admin team and has provided support behind the scenes for many years. In the interview, we covered everything from the Netflix Assassin's Creed TV show to the upcoming Ubisoft Forward Assassin's Creed event. Check it out here!
6) Ubisoft shared three new creations for the weekly social media series titled Wallpaper Wednesday.
To mark the 15th Anniversary of Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft have been commissioning community artists.
The first image, featuring an Assassin underneath the AC15 logo, and the second, showcasing settings from the games were created by artist Valorianru, formerly of The Mentors Guild! We love the use of colours in these two creations!
The third image, by Assassin's Crweed, shows Desmond Miles in a powerful stance holding the Apple of Eden, surrounded by shattered glass fragments featuring the faces of Assassins. Look carefully and you'll notice that even the tiny fragment closest to Arno has an Assassin looking back.
It's great to see community artists getting opportunities like this, and we are very much enjoying all of the creations.
7) We celebrated 8 years since the creation of The Ones Who Came Before. The main focus for this year's celebration was to launch the Assassin's Creed Community Fundraiser, but we still have one or two celebratory projects to release later on in the month.
To mark our anniversary, we reflected on our history in a new article titled 8 Years of The Ones Who Came Before: Looking Back.
8) Hugo Sahuquet, Former Associate Narrative Director at Ubisoft Bordeaux shared some of his notes from the creation of the Wrath of the Druids DLC!We love stuff like this, showing the inner thought processes of the devs, and also how ideas change over time.Look carefully at the notes and you'll notice early dialogue ideas for a quest featuring Barid and Ciara!
9) Ubisoft shared a cryptic image featuring Morse Code on their Weibo account which reveals the phrase “coming soon”
The second translation roughly says 'retrace the past, improve the present, define the future.'
What do you think they are teasing?
10) Voice actor Roger Craig Smith (Ezio Auditore) shared an image of himself outside of the Ubisoft Montreal studio in Canada!
This image sparked speculation that he could he be working on an Ezio project with Ubisoft, and we actually can't rule that out just yet.
It could just be a fun tweet by Roger, but then again, it could be something more.
The purpose for the visit remains a mystery, but with a new platform based Assassin's Creed project titled 'Infinity' currently in development, it may be that we start to see small chunks of content for older characters, so it may be possible to see Ezio again, or even get a conclusion for other characters such as Connor or Arno.
Fingers crossed, the Mentor will return one day!
11) Several retailers including Amazon and IndieBound listed an upcoming novel titled 'Assassin's Creed: The Golden City', written by Jaleigh Johnson & published by Aconyte Books!
The novel is set to release February 7th 2023!
A young emperor’s life hangs in the balance, and only the Brotherhood of Assassins can save him, in this action-packed historical adventure from the award-winning Assassin’s Creed universe.
Which Empire do you think it could it be referring to?
12) Ubisoft announced that CJ Allan (CJthegeek)
would be host presenting the #AC15 Cosplay Competition by @CosXpo at Insomnia Gaming Festival!
''As a legendary host of past cosplay competitions, his expertise will benefit this amazing #AssassinsCreed event on Saturday 27th August''
Although we are unable to attend the event ourselves, we are very much looking forward to seeing all of the entries! Good luck Assassins!
13) Check out this incredible Assassin's Creed 15 Year Anniversary sand art project by
This impressive creation is one of many art projects commissioned by Ubisoft to mark the 15th Anniversary of Assassin's Creed
It's interesting to see all the ways Ubisoft are thinking outside of the box to mark the occasion, and we love seeing unique creations such as this.
We hope that you enjoyed this Assassin's Creed News Recap! You can look forward to more articles like this, dropping every Sunday!
What was your highlight of the week?
Let us know in the comments!