Weekly Assassin's Creed News Recap:
17th - 23rd July 2022:
Save 10% on officially licensed Assassin's
Creed Origins merchandise with the code "TOWCB"
Welcome to a new weekly Assassin's Creed News Recap series, hosted by Colum Blackett (Col_96) from The Ubisoft Star Players Program (Formerly Mentors Guild).
Every week, we will be rounding up Assassin's Creed News and sharing it here on The Ones Who Came Before website. Keep an eye on the site every Sunday for more weekly recaps, or check out our social media links down below to stay updated on everything Assassin's Creed.
In another week full of rumours regarding the future of Assassin's Creed, we decided to look past the sea of leaked information and focus on what really matters: The community.
1) We begin this week's Assassin's Creed recap with a collaborative project. Community members Arshak (AC: Landmarks), Louise Chase (TheNerdyArcher), Zark (Master Hekate's Ceremonials), James (Let's Talk Assassin's Creed) & Science_creed all came together to host a 2-hour long virtual tour of London whilst playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate!
Viewers were also acquainted with facts about Victorian London, as the hosts turned their extensive research into a fun trivia experience. We love to see collaborative community projects, and this one does a great job at cementing the importance of non-combat game modes like Discovery Tour. We hope to see more streams like this in the future, which compliment the Discovery Tour platform by providing fans across the world with bite-sized chunks of history.
3) This week our Virtual Photography Twitter Community passed 200 followers!
If you're a photo-mode enthusiast, or simply an admirer of Assassin's Creed screenshots, join the community for a chance to be featured in our weekly 'This Week in Assassin's Creed Virtual Photography' articles!
2) We here at TOWCB kicked off the week with an exclusive merchandise review, written by Michael Smith from the Writing Team. Check out our review of the new Assassin's Creed Character Blind Box figures by AC Toys, who kindly sent over a review package.
4) We released the first article in a two-part series dedicated to The Mentors Guild, an Assassin's Creed community program which was sadly closed down in June. In our article, we reflected on the fondest moments and accomplishments of members, and looked back with fondness at a program which opened the doors to hundreds of community members around the world.
5) Former lead Ubisoft game designer Stanislav Costiuc tweeted this week announcing a series of farewell sessions to say goodbye to the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and AC III Multiplayer modes which are sadly getting shut down.
We here at TOWCB hope to see the multiplayer game modes reinstated one day, perhaps with the launch of the mysterious Assassin's Creed Infinity, which was announced back in 2021.
The dates for the Multiplayer send-off sessions are:
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – July 23 and 24, July 29 and July 30
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – August 5 and 6, August 12 and 13
Assassin’s Creed 3 – August 19 and 20, August 26 and 27
6) Another project we launched this week was an unboxing video of the upcoming TITAN Evo 2022 AC Edition Gaming Chair, kindly sent to TOWCB Headquarters by Secretlab!
A hidden blade was used to open the box, and we had a ton of fun filming the video, so we hope you enjoy!
7) To celebrate AC Unity Week, Chris Tilton, who worked alongside Ryan Amon and Sarah Schachner on the exceptional Assassin's Creed Unity soundtrack released a sketch of when he was writing the main theme!
This behind the scenes image will no doubt be appreciated by music lovers, and is a time capsule dating back to when the main theme was just an idea written on paper!
It's a fun little Easter Egg for fans and the sort of content we love to see to mark the 15th Anniversary.
You can follow Chris Tilton on Twitter
We hope that you enjoyed this Assassin's Creed News Recap! You can look forward to more articles like this, dropping every Sunday!
What was your highlight of the week?
Let us know in the comments!
About the Author
Col is the Community Admin for The Ones Who Came Before, and one of the UK Assassin's Creed community ambassadors.
He is also a former Ubisoft Star Player, and has spent the last 8 years working within the Assassin's Creed community on countless projects.
8) Finally, we conclude this week's news recap by highlighting our weekly Assassin's Creed virtual photography article by Aaron Young, this time featuring shots by:
You can find the article here: This Week in Assassin's Creed Virtual Photography: 16th - 22nd July 2022